While this does seem to be a legit UV lamp, with enough power to disinfect… I have a few issues with it keeping it from 5 stars. First, it’s a little misleading to advertise as “NO BATTERIES NEEDED”…You need batteries for it to be portable, if not you have to plug it into a wall socket to run without batteries, which is pretty limiting to what you can disinfect. There is not rechargeable battery in it to charge with a usb. Secondly, the unit itself feels like a toy, thin/hallow plastic, flimsy slide off battery cover, plastic handle…No real quality feel or heft to it. I would say 3.5 stars but rounded up to a 4 because the important thing is it’s a legit UVC lamp.