– UV-A,B test card (purple, 280 ~ 400 nm) and UV-C test card (green, 100 ~280 nm), both available on Amazon. Included with the lamp is a credit card sized UV-C test strip.
– This device DOES shine UV-C sterilizing light. It is a real, legitimate germicidal lamp.
– I placed both a purple UVA/B and a green UVC germicidal testing card on the table (see pictures). I turned on the lamp and quickly noticed the UV-C card (green) glowed brightly. The UVA/B purple test strip did not glow (which is a good thing, as UV-A & B does nothing to sterilize). This means the light produced true, germicidal, UB-C light, and can sterilize. Also included with the lamp is their own test strip which also functions properly and shines brightly when exposed to the lamp.
– Of the many UV-C lights I’ve tested, I’m impressed at how bright the test strip glowed while under the lamp.
– This lamp is powered by 4 AA batteries and is turned on/off by tapping on the power button.
– Unfortunately, there is no lockout switch preventing the light from accidentally being turned on when in a bag or purse.
– I like that a test strip (see pictures) is included with the lamp, so the customer can verify for themselves that the product works and is ligament. In my opinion, this extra touch says a lot about this company. Testing strip can be used multiple times (about 500) so it can be used to train oneself how high the lamp should be held over objects (less than 6” is ideal).
Thanks for reading my review for Germozap UV-C sanitizer wand light.